GC was ranked 2nd in the 2014 Quality Management Level Survey
The Meaning of Quality Management Level Research:
Quality Management Level is evaluated quantitatively, based on systems and the actual practice to enhance "Quality", which influences product competitiveness, as well as corporate value.
Overall ranking is compiled after the deliberate analysis of 6 factors, such as " Top Management Commitment" and "Kaizen and Workshop Management". This research does represent the level of corporate's striving to enhance quality, that does NOT represent the superiority of product quality itself.
The ranking is based on the analysis of 62 subcategories (56 indicators), under the following 6 evaluated categories:
- Commitment of Top Management
- Cultivation of Human Resources for Realization of Quality Management
- Management of Safety, Security and Trust
- Establishment and thorough Implementation of a Process
- Pursuit of Customer-Oriented Policy
- Capability to Effectively Use and Enhance a System
GC received the following high evaluations:
- Management of safety, security and trust (1st)
- Establishment and thorough implementation of a process (3rd)
- Capability to effectively use and enhance a system (3rd)
- Cultivation of human resources for realization of quality management (5th)
- Pursuit of customer-oriented policy (8th)
In addition to activities at overseas manufacturing bases, GC has established the "GC Institute of Monozukuri (Technologies)", Human Resource Cultivation System at the global mother factory in Fuji Oyama and is also planning to expand it to overseas operations. Since taking the chair of President, Chairman Nakao and President Nakao have conducted 1,237 "President's Reviews" in over 30 years, visited and reviewed all departments and companies that are in and outside Japan and also kept close and constant communication with GC Associates. These efforts are highly evaluated as the basis for the corporate quality.
Top 10 companies of overall ranking (based on the results from 2014 research):
- KONICA MINOLTA Corporation (ranked 16th in 2013)
- GC Corporation (ranked 6th in 2013)
- Fujitsu Ltd. (ranked 7th in 2013)
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (ranked 2nd in 2013)
- Sharp Corporation (ranked 5th in 2013)
- Canon Inc. (ranked 9th in 2013)
- Asahigroup-holdings Corporation (ranked 59th in 2013)
- Sony Corporation (ranked 8th in 2013)
- TOSHIBA Corporation (ranked 1st in 2013)
- Dai Nippon Printing Corporation, Ltd. (ranked 3rd in 2013)
GC received the "Deming Application Prize" (the current Deming Prize) in 2000 and the "Japan Quality Medal" (the current Deming Grand Prize)", the highest honor of Japan's TQM (Total Quality Management) in 2004. Furthermore, within our GC Group, GC Dental Products Corporation (GCDP) received the "Deming Application Prize" in 2003, and GC Dental (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. received the "Deming Application Prize" in 2010 as the first Chinese company. And most recently, JUSE announced in October that GC America Inc. will receive the Deming Prize for 2014. Chairman Makoto Nakao also received the Deming Prize for Individuals in 2012 for spearheading the GC Group's efforts for promotion of TQM and building it into a global company.
Through continuous promotion of GC's Quality Management (GQM), GC would like to increase its company-wide efforts for quality management to meet our trusted customer's needs and expectations. Your continuous support is greatly appreciated.