Title: Minimal Techniques to Maximize Esthetic and Functional Restorations
Date: Friday, June 12, 2020
Time: 09:00 AM Central Daylight Time
Duration: 5 hours
As a part of the many planned celebratory events leading up to the company's centennial in 2021, GC America will host a 1-day Minimally Invasive (MI) Dentistry Symposium. This free online educational event will be dedicated to topics related to MI dentistry and will address the challenges clinicians face in preserving dental tissue and helping patients maintain oral health.
This virtual syposium consists of five one (1) hour lectures presented by an international expert panel of speakers. At the end of each lecture questions from the audience will be addressed in a moderated Question & Answer Session.
At the end of the program those who wish to claim CE credits will have the option to do so. A total of five (5) ADA CERP and AGD PACE credits will be available. Details for claiming CE credits will be provided at the end of the program.
Dr. Hirohiko Hirano
Director of Dental and Oral Surgery, Research Team for Promoting Independence and Mental Health, Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital and Institute of Gerontology
Time: 9:00 AM CDT
- Learn how oral health is integral to the general health and social well-being of people
- Understand functions such as mastication, tongue and lip motor skills and salivary secretion of aging patients
- Discuss stages of decreased function and its associated risk to elderly patients
Dr. Brian Novy
Dr. Novy is the Chief Dental Officer of the Alliance Dental Center in Quincy, Massachusetts. He served on the ADA Council of Scientific Affairs from 2011-2014, as chair of the CAMBRA coalition, and in 2016 was appointed the consumer representative on the United States Food & Drug Administration Dental Products Panel. The California Dental Association Foundation presented him with the Dugoni Award for Outstanding contributions to dental education, and his office was the first to receive the title, the American Dental Association Adult Preventive Care Practice of the Year.
Time: 10:00 AM CDT
- Improve prognosis for restorative treatment
- Apply evidence-based therapy to treat/control disease
- Practice Pro-dependent Cariology
Dr. Victor Cedillo Felix
Is in private practice in Chula Vista, California. He graduated from La Salle University in Mexico. Dr. Felix has been both a national and international speaker since 2015 with special focus on restorative dentistry. He has multiple clinical articles published in scientific journals.
Time: 11:00 AM CDT
- Learn valuable clinical tips for to improve the efficiency and quality of daily dentistry treatments
- Understand the most current cementation protocols of indirect restorations
- Discuss different ways to make quality treatments in a fast paced clinical environment
Dr. Joshua Austin
Is an editorial director and columnist for Dental Economics, focusing on dental products and technology. He also maintains a full-time restorative private practice in San Antonio, TX.
Time: 12:00 PM CDT
- Identify cases and indications for use of glass ionomer and glass hybrids
- Review the advantages of using glass ionomer and glass hybrids as a direct restorative material
- Understand, thoroughly, the technique and directions for the use of glass ionomer restoratives
Dr. Pam Maragliano-Muniz
Is the editorial director for DentistIQ.com Pearls for Your Practice and faculty member at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. She also is an international lecturer and maintains a private practice in Salem, MA.
Time: 1:00 PM CDT
- Gain practical tips for identifying high risk patients and implementing caries management protocols into everyday practice
- Learn a practical and predictable approach for aesthetic composite restorations
- Learn when to consider indirect vs. direct restorations